NUTRITION AND HEALTH – FETAC LEVEL 5 – PORTLAOISE
October 25th, November 22nd 2014 ,
January 10th & February 28th 2015
Good nutrition means getting the right amount of nutrients from healthy foods in the right combinations. Having nutrition knowledge and making smart choices about the foods you eat can and will help you achieve optimum health over your lifetime, and be a key to avoiding obesity, illness, and many of today’s most prevalent chronic diseases.
This course is designed to provide the learner with knowledge of the composition of food and an understanding of how food affects an individual’s personal well-being
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
– Be familiar with the composition of food
– Be confident to evaluate the nutritional content of food
– Understand the relationship between health and nutrition
– interpret current dietary information and recommendations
– Examine eating habits
– be familiar with the nutritional needs of different groups of people
-Acquire a range of practical techniques
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 4 units.
Unit 1 Composition of Food
Unit 2 Nutrition and Health
Unit 3 Nutrition and Exercise
Unit 4 Food Labellin
Who should complete this course?
- -People who are currently working within the holistic health area, or who wish to pursue a career in any of the complementary therapies, natural health, nutrition and physical fitness.
- -People with a personal interest in nutrition.
Participants on this course are required to complete two assignments and one written examination.
Our course tutors have over 15 years experience as Nutritionalists and Holistic Therapists.
Course places: 12 Max
Cost: €375 (includes exam fees)
For further information and booking, contact:
**4 places remaining***
For further info/booking contact: Catriona Plunkett
Ph: 087 6011797
– See more at: http://www.goldeneggholistic.com/courses/fetacnutrition.html#sthash.9kVBfVu8.dpuf