Greek Mackerel – low GL
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 2 Small Onion, finely chopped
– 4 Mackerel cleaned
– 2 fresh sage leaves
– 1 fresh sprig of thyme
– 1 Tbsp fresh flat leaved parsley chopped
– Juice of one lemon strained
– 100g black olives stoned (optional)
– Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F Gas mark 4 and brush an oven proof dish with oil
- Heat oil in a small frying pan, add onions and cook over low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes
- Place the mackerel in the prepared dish, sprinkle the onions on top, drizzle with oil and add the herbs
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, add the olives and cover the dish with foil
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve with steamed new potatoes (2 small ones for low GL) salad and peas.